Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Color Red website brainstorm ideas

I chose the color RED because it is associated with Red China and I am 2nd generation Chinese.
Words I think of when I think red:  blood - female infanticide; footbinding - pain; girls as 2nd class citizens - shame.  Of 4 siblings I am girl-child#3 where my younger brother has always been favored.  I was considering web pages eg footbinding; female infanticide; and preferential treatment of boys.  After some thought, I decided it's  too complicated to whittle down to manageable information for our assignment.

For research I used PVLD on-line resources and reviewed articles eg

Men Without Women By: Ferguson, Niall, Newsweek, 00289604, 3/14/2011, Vol. 157, Issue 11

Gender Inequality in Childhood: Toward a Life Course Perspective.
Authors:Baunach, Dawn Michelle
Source:Gender Issues, Summer2001, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p61, 26p
http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&db=ulh&AN=6342814&site=src-live

No comments:

Post a Comment